Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Flower Fields

First of all, I'd like to thank Grace at Grace Happens for knowing about this pretty place in Carlsbad and writing about it on her blog. I found her blog and this post on Saturday morning and after minimal googling and planning, we were out the door and on our way. My family and I were in need of some restoration after a week spent in worry by the bedside of my sister. She is very ill with pneumonia, which is so unknown and frightening to us, especially because she is so healthy but this week progressively became weaker and seriously ill! Mostly, I cared for her children this week, whom I adore--and out of all this sadness I know that I've struck a deeper bond with my niece and nephew. That said. . . I was exhausted! 

The Flower Fields at Carlsbad was just the perfect remedy! If you go, prepare to park far, far away and to walk that distance (it was at least a mile). But the scenery was certainly worth the trip, and the parking. But hey! We're New Yorkers--we're used to walking and parking in the boonies (so said we, trying to be cheerful on the uphill return trip!)

Enough said! Feast your eyes.






Every so often Brian snatches a picture of me taking pictures and it always makes me giggle. His explanation: "I just wanted to record what you were doing for most of the day!"

He tells the truth.







2 comments:

  1. I love seeing those fields of flowers...so many and so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Can't remember how long it's been since I've been down there during bloom season. Probably since my grown-up girl was a little girl. They're the best people to take to such a wonderful place, don't you think?
    ((Hope your sister's feeling better))

    ReplyDelete